November has been a busy month for us at Quality Fangirls. Along with the grand opening of our blog we also met Markus Zusak, we watched three movies on open weekend, and I got a lot of books this month.
School has been pretty rough on me so I haven’t been able to read a lot this month. The books I did read and finish this month though are The First Phone Call From Heaven by Mitch Albom, Allegiant by Veronica Roth (review coming up) and a reread of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (on the kindle). Here are my reviews from this month:
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- The First Phone Call From Heaven by Mitch Albom
- Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer by Katie Alender
The three movies we watched were Ender’s Game (not together), The Book Thief, and Catching Fire. They were all so very good and complimented the book very well. We were also able to get each Catching Fire collectible cup sold at AMC theaters!
Meeting Markus Zusak meant that I was able to get my copy of The Book Thief signed from him! Sophia also was able to get an extra book signed (not shown) which we will later use for a giveaway. Jay (@sublemonal) was also able to meet James Dashner who was on tour for his new book, The Eye of Minds. He got The Eye of Minds and The Maze Runner (not shown) signed personally to me (and snagged some The Maze Runner promo cards, which are also not shown but will be used in a giveaway as well)!
If you know me then you know I like to enter a lot of giveaways. This month I received You Suck: A Love Story by Christopher Moore from 70books, The F- It List by Julie Halpern from Gone Pecan, a book worth up to £10 at Book Depository which I ended up getting The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken from Fangirl Daily, and a signed Frozen bookmark and signed Unbreakable bookmark with a sticker from Movies, Shows & Books. I also received an arc of Mastering the Art of French Eating by Ann Mah (not shown) from GoodReads.
These are the two major book hauls of this month. In the first book stack I got Cinder and Scarlet by Marissa Meyer since I’ve heard such good things about this series. I won the second book to Love’s Reckoning by Laura Frantz and decided to get the first one so I could read the second. I also got Through The Ever Night by Veronica Rossi since I received the first book last month and the third book is coming out in January so I figured I should start reading them now. All these I got from Bookoutlet.com which sell good quality books for low prices.
The second stack I got from amazon using the last of my $50 gift card. The John Green box set was on sale so I couldn’t resist and bought it. The hard covers are just so beautiful and since I already have the first edition of The Fault In Our Stars I gave the one in the box set to sophia. I also got Angelfall and World After by Susan Ee since World After just came out a few weeks ago and I’ve been wanting to read this series (it also came out to be less than 5 dollars each so I figured why not).
I read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern over the summer and absolutely fell in love with it. Once I discovered this gorgeous UK edition of the book I knew I had to wait to get a copy of The Night Circus because no other edition was really worth it except this one. I found a cheap used copy on ebay and got Jay to win it for me! It might not be new but its in great condition and is just as beautiful in person as it is in pictures.
Black Friday is here and I knew all I wanted was to get the books I’ve been dying to read. I have been eyeing on Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs and its graphic novel all year. The book itself is just gorgeous and I knew I had to wait to get the physical copy if I was going to read it. The 5th Wave was not a neccesity but it was on sale for half off and with my extra 10% Barnes and Noble membership I couldn’t resist. I also got the Legend Trilogy box set by Marie Lu that should arrive some time next week. After this book buying spree Im trying really hard to go on a semi strict book buying ban.
These are the books I hope to finish in December along with Catching Fire and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.
Coming up in December:
- Ender’s Game Movie Review and Comparison
- Allegiant Book Review
- The Diviners Book Review
- The F- It List Book Review
- More from Shades of Books
Books & Cupcakes Thank You Book Giveaway!
Hi everyone!! I’m so happy to be hosting this book giveaway. This is just a way for me to say thank you to everyone who follows me, reads my reviews, partakes in the book photo challenge, and sends me lovely messages. I just wanted to do something nice for you guys as a thank you for all your love and support! Thank you all so much!! xoxo Jessica
- This book giveaway will be open WORLDWIDE thanks to the book depository!
- The winner will be able to choose one of the above books. The books will be in paperback format.
- Since this is a thank you to my followers, you must be following this blog. I do check!
- You can enter by reblogging and liking this post. There is not a limit to how many times you can reblog this but please be courteous of those who follow you.
- The giveaway ends December 27th. I will chose the winner at 12 noon Eastern Time (United States and Canada). The winner will have 24 hours to respond before I pick a new winner.
- As a winner you need to be comfortable with giving me your address so I can ship the book to you. I pinky promise not to stalk you!
Good luck, fingers crossed that you win and may the odds be ever in your favor!
IN CELEBRATION OF REACHING 100 FOLLOWERS ON THIS BLOG I’M DOING A BOOK GIVEAWAY!
I started this blog just because i really wasn’t too much into tumblr anymore, but I still wanted to blog about my books and have somewhere to post my reviews and stuff…the fact that people actually want to follow me though when there are so many other great book blogs out there? yea… GOTTA CELEBRATE THAT LOL. so here are le rules!
- International entries welcome (yay!)
- Like or Reblog = 1 entry.
- Like and Reblog = 2 entries
- Follow and Like or Reblog = 2 entries.
- Follow and Like and Reblog = 3 entries.
- Winner gets to choose from one of the 6 books posted above.
- Books will be in paperback format.
- Names will be put in a hat (3 is the most entries you can have) and the winner will be picked raffle style.
- Name and address of Winner will be needed so ask boxes open!
- no giveaway blogs can enter..this is for THE PEOPLE! :)
Moon Called | Graceling | The Night Circus
Insomnia | Cinder | Shatter Me
giveaway will end until December 14th. I will try to ship the book out in enough time to arrive before or by Christmas.
First Sunday package! This is one of the most beautiful box sets I’ve seen. Cant wait to read them! #legend #prodigy #champion #legendtrilogy #marielu #books
Forever my favorite cover #theresaholeinit #seriously #thefitlist #thefuckitlist #juliehalpern
The cold never bothered me anyway
I need this now!
- Signed limited edition THESE BROKEN STARS advance reader copy, with optional personalization
- Hand-made charm necklace with…